Having a dehumidifier and an air Conditioner both can not be the good choice accordingly with power consumption, But choosing one with right short of knowledge is what you need to figure it out.
In this article i’m gonna discuss about some interesting facts in between dehumidifier & Air Conditioner and their power Consumptions. So, it would be better for you to read this whole article from starting to end wisely.
Well, As we know this comfort comes at a certain cost and many homeowners wonder whether it’s cheaper to run a dehumidifier or an air Conditioner? According to the reports and with my personal experience, It is way cheaper to run dehumidifier then an air conditioner.
Somehow, I know there are short of things you are wondering about why and how, And this why i’m here to explain things in brief with my experience of having air conditioner and dehumidifier.
Here is what Bobby’s Opinion about their electricity power consumption while using both air conditioner and dehumidifier :
Dehumidifier vs Air Conditioner: Which use a lot of electricity?
1. Dehumidifier power consumption:
- If you run a dehumidifier 24/7, that will cost you some around $0.72 to $3.84 per day as based on your machine power for US Department Of Energy (DOE) files dehumidifiers under low electricity expenditure.
- As well as 2.49£ per day to 6.50£ per day for standard industrial machine in UK Department Of Energy (DOE) files dehumidifiers under low electricity expenditure.
- A dehumidifier runs at a very high 90% relative humidity and to run it 24/7 with a high $0.2 kWh electricity usage, It will cost you $0.14 per hour, $3.36 per day, $23.52 per week and some around $100 to 110$ per month averagely.
2. Air conditioner power consumption:
- An air conditioner can use about 3000 to 3500 watts of electricity per hour and 72,000 watts of electricity a day easily while running it on the ‘fan-only’ mode will only consume some around 750 watts an hour.
- Portable units of an Air conditioner uses between 2900 and 4100 watts per hour while window units range between 900 and 1440.
- Portable air conditioner will likely be the most electricity consuming appliances, which can easily cost you between $0.06 to $0.90 per hour and some around 140$ to 200$ per month for US department Of energy (DOE) files dehumidifiers under low electricity expenditure.
You may now thinking about choosing the best one for you in between both, but here are few more things you need to know before choosing one.
Does a dehumidifier use less electricity than an air conditioner?
As i already compared both dehumidifier and air conditioner electricity usage above separately with points, So it is very clear that a dehumidifier is way cheaper than having an air conditioner in terms of less electricity usage in your home.
Having dehumidifier can reduce Mold and Mildew, Prevent Musty Odors, reduce symptoms of Alleviate Allergy, lower in energy cost and also can reduce Dust Mites etc.
dehumidifier reduces the presence of allergens and irritants in damp areas of your home with corners. There is also some good indication that a dehumidifier can make breathing easier for people who have asthma and also will help you to make your environment super clean and moisture free.
Is a Dehumidifier more Efficient than an air Conditioner?
Having an air conditioner can easily give you peaceful sleep in summers with their cooling air machine, but is this efficient enough ?
Somehow, Many customers wonder that cooling their home is enough but it’s not, You must need to understand that a dehumidifier remove moisture from the air and reduce the humidity as well. So i must say having a dehumidifier can be the better option for more efficiency in your home.
I know an air conditioner can also reduce humidity, but it’s not enough to make a huge impact in your home. A dehumidifier draws in humid air and carries it through an evaporator. The humid air contains the cold moisture which continuously goes through a condenser, heating the air up and return it to the room to gather the new humidity or moisture and this cycle continuously keep works until ideal conditions are met.
Well, if your intention is only to make your room cool and want peace while sleeping with cold air, then you should need to go with an air conditioner for sure, otherwise a dehumidifier is more efficient and comfortable which comes with more health benefits.
I hope i’ve cleared your issues related to the topic “Dehumidifier vs air conditioner power consumption” and hoping this article gonna be enough for you to understand the power consumption in a dehumidifier and an air conditioner conditioner.
Choosing one in between both is very simple, you can just blindly go with dehumidifier in terms of less electricity usage and hell lot of benefits for better improvement in your environment.
So, this is it and i’ll be curious to know about reviews on this article in comments and for more you can just visit our search button or contact us page for more a dehumidifier related issues and queries.